Invisalign is the most popular treatment for addressing malocclusion nowadays. It is an orthodontic aligner that resembles a mouthguard and is composed of translucent plastic. It is custom created, may be worn by both teenagers and adults, and works to correctly align your teeth over time. Invisalign's innovative technology can correct every type of malocclusion, such as overbite, underbite, overcrowding, the gap between teeth, and so on, and because it is clear, it is barely detectable. Expert dentists at Bjelajac Dental Practice in Palo Alto, CA serve patients with Invisalign therapy.
What Dental Conditions Are Treatable With Invisalign Aligners?
People who have the following dental issues may benefit from using Invisalign aligners:
- Crooked teeth
- Overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- The excessive gap between teeth
- Open Bite
- Overlapped or poorly positioned teeth
- Crowded teeth
The Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
The usage of Invisalign aligners provides the following advantages:
- Because they are made of clear plastic, they are nearly invisible and less obvious, and they do not affect the aesthetics of the wearer's grin.
- Invisalign aligners deliver faster and more accurate results than traditional metal braces.
- The wearer can remove the Invisalign aligners while eating, brushing, flossing, and so on. As a result, the wearer's dental hygiene is not jeopardized. Furthermore, unlike metal braces, you can eat whatever you want because the aligners may be removed while eating.
- Because there are no metal pieces in Invisalign aligners, the wearer experiences no discomfort.
- Invisalign aligners can also be utilized to improve relapse tooth movement after conventional braces are removed.
What Is the Procedure for Invisalign Treatment?
To begin the Invisalign treatment, you must first come to our clinic for a consultation. We will determine whether Invisalign is a good treatment option for you. If this is the case, create a personalized treatment plan during the initial appointment.
We will next take X-rays, pictures, and impressions of your teeth, which will be processed in the Invisalign system software. The imprints taken during your initial appointment will be examined by advanced 3D computer imaging technology and used to fabricate a custom-made series of transparent, removable aligners.
Your aligners will be given to you on your next visit. Each set of clear aligners must be worn continuously for around two weeks, except for eating, drinking, and brushing. You will be required to visit our clinic once every four to six weeks to confirm that the treatment is progressing as intended. Once all of the aligners have been worn, the treatment is finished. The length of treatment necessary varies on the severity of the case and is typically six months to one year.
Call Dentist Palo Alto CAat (650) 328-1223 or request an appointment online for the best dental care and experience.