Teeth whitening treatments are a simple technique to improve the appearance of your smile. A dazzling and glowing smile conveys health and vigor, assisting you in making a strong first impression in professional and social relationships. If your teeth have gotten dull or discolored over time, we can help you achieve a bright, dazzling smile with our teeth whitening services at Bjelajac Dental Practice, Inc in Palo Alto, CA.
What Factors Contribute to Teeth Discoloration?
Many factors might cause your teeth to turn from white to dull, including:
- Drinking coffee, tea, and red wine daily impairs the natural white tone of the teeth and causes discoloration.
- Excessive use of tobacco in any form, including cigarettes, colors your teeth as well.
- Teeth become stained as the outer layer of the teeth, known as the enamel, thins owing to factors such as frequent brushing and aging.
- Your teeth may also change color as a result of an accident.
- Teeth darkening can also be caused by medications such as antipsychotics, antihistamines, and blood pressure medications.
Procedure for Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is the practice of bleaching the teeth professionally. First, our dentist will examine your teeth and provide recommendations for teeth whitening. To begin, our dentist will protect your gums by applying gel or rubber protection.
Teeth whitening is not permanent, and the benefits will last longer if you practice good oral hygiene. Although it differs from person to person, it should last for several years.
The Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional-grade whitening products use stronger bleaching solutions instead of store-bought whitening products. As a result, they produce far more effective results.
Home trays built to your mouth's characteristics provide a far more consistent result than over-the-counter alternatives. Custom-made whitening trays with medical-grade solutions ensure that they do not come into touch with your gums, decreasing tooth sensitivity. The entire teeth whitening procedure will be monitored to ensure that it is carried out correctly and produces the finest possible results.
How Can You Keep Your Teeth Whiter?
Here are some tips to keep your teeth looking good:
- Wine, sports drinks, carbonated beverages, black tea, coffee, berries, tomatoes, and cigarettes are all examples of drinks and foods that can dull or discolor your teeth.
- After consuming stain-causing foods or beverages, immediately rinse or clean your teeth.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene habits, such as brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and rinsing with mouthwash.
- To eliminate stains and avoid yellowing, always use teeth whitening toothpaste.
- Visit your dentist regularly and get expert cleanings performed to eliminate plaque and tartar.
Call Dentist Palo Alto CA at (650) 328-1223 or schedule an appointment online for the best dental care and experience.