TMJ (temporomandibular joint) issues are problems with your jaw joint that occur when these joints and the chewing muscles do not perform properly together. If you have joint pain or hear a clicking sound, they can now be detected and treated more quickly than before. On the other hand, TMJ disorders can progress to more serious conditions if not treated swiftly. There is no single treatment that will entirely cure TMJ issues, and it may take some time to take effect and show improvements. We can help you have a healthier and more comfortable jaw at Bjelajac Dental Practice in Palo Alto, CA.
What Is TMJ Disorder?
TMD, or temporomandibular joint disease, is a condition that causes you to grind your teeth without realizing it. Stress is the most common cause of this ailment, which can result in long-term, inexplicable face muscle pain. Your enamel may wear off over time due to continuous grinding, producing major complications. As a result, it is vital to diagnose the condition as soon as possible and get treatment from your Palo Alto, CA dentist.
Symptoms of TMJ Disorders
- Pain in the jaws, ears, or cheeks, as well as perplexing headaches.
- When chewing, you may experience pain or hear clicking sounds.
- When you wake up from a nap, your facial muscles are stiff or weary.
- Clenching one's teeth, whether awake or sleeping Headaches around the temple area
- Difficulty opening mouth freely, smoothly, or appropriately
- Whether closed or open, the jaw feels fixed in place.
- Misalignment of the bite Discomfort when biting or uncomfortable chewing
- Teeth that have been chipped or worn on the edges
- Visible overbite
- Teeth shifting, gaps, or crowding for no apparent cause
TMJ Treatment at Bjelajac Dental Practice
Our dentists can provide TMJ treatments at Bjelajac Dental Practice in Palo Alto, CA, to alleviate your pain and suffering. We tailor our treatments to your unique needs and assist you in determining which procedures are best for your situation. We provide the following TMJ treatments:
- Customized nightguards
- Oral appliances
- Diet recommendations
- Physical therapy/jaw exercises
- TMJ surgery
The Benefits of TMJ Treatment
Our professional dentists can help you recover from TMJ difficulties using advanced technology. Here are some of the advantages of the therapies we provide:
- TMJ treatment relieves pain and discomfort, allowing you to utilize your mouth properly.
- TMJ treatment lowers your chances of getting future dental problems.
- TMJ treatments help prevent additional health problems like ringing in the ears and chronic headaches.
Call Dentist Palo Alto CA at (650) 328-1223 or request an appointment online for the best dental care and experience.